Directed by Sarah Blok & Lisa Konno
Ceylan Utlu moved from Turkey to The Netherlands forty years ago to provide his left-wing ideology with western knowledge. After having had the education he wanted, he would go back to make himself useful to his own country. His half-Turkish half-Dutch daughter wonders why things didn’t go the way her dad planned it and asks him about immigration, integration, relationships, and loneliness.
Experimental documentary short | 00:14:02 | Documentary/Fashion Film | Themes: Immigration, Fashion, Family | 1.85:1 | The Netherlands | Spoken language: Dutch, Turkish | Subtitles: English, Dutch | Format: DCP, ProRes | Dolby 5.1 & Stereo LtRt
- International Film Festival Rotterdam, Voices Program, 2020, The Netherlands.
- 49th Kyiv International Short Film Festival ‘Molodist’, short film program, 2020, Ukraine.
- Leiden Shorts 2020, short film competition, The Netherlands 🏆
- Into The Great Wide Open 2020, film program, The Netherlands.
- Imagine Science Film Festival 2020, shorts competition, US.
- Izmir international short film festival 2020, panorama section, Turkey.
- Aesthetica International short film festival 2020, fashion competition, U.K.
- Festival du Court Métrage de Clermont-Ferrand 2021, international competition, France.
- Vers Awards, 6-8 August 2021, LAB111, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Reykjavik International Film Festival 2021, Dutch Focus Program, 30 September – 10 October 2021, Iceland.
- PLONS! International Short Documentary Festival, Dutch competition, 8-9 October 2021, the Netherlands
- Terra da Film Festival 2021, international competition, 29 July – 1 August 2021, Italy
- Flying Film Festival 2021, short documentary competition, December 2021 – January 2022, the Air
- Festival of Tolerance 2021 – JFF Zagreb, shorts program, 1 – 10 July 2021, Croatia
- Milwaukee Film Festival 2021, short film competition, 6-20 may 2021, USA
- Lille international short film festival 2021, international competition, 17-26 September 2021, France.
- Best Dutch Short, Leiden Shorts 2020, The Netherlands.
- Best Fashion Short, Aesthetica International Short Film Festival 2020, U.K.