Shot & directed by Festus Toll
Moral questions and the search for identity come together in this short documentary about what ‘home’ means as an halve European, halve African child.
Documentary short | 00:25:02 | Essayistic Documentary Film | Themes: Bi-cultural identity, Racism, Immigration | 1.85:1 | The Netherlands | Spoken language: Swahili, English| Subtitles: English, Dutch | Format: DCP, ProRes | Dolby 5.1 & Stereo LtRt
- Nederlands Film Festival, debut competition, the Netherlands, 2020.
- GoShort International Short Film Festival 2021, Dutch Competition, the Netherlands.
- Busan International Short Film Festival 2021, international competition, 21-26 April 2021, South-Korea
- Moscow international Documentary Film Festival DOKer, short competition, 18-27 June 2021, Russia
- Shortcutz Amsterdam, 26 October, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Go Short Arnhem, Gouden Hert Competitie, 9-12 September 2021, the Netherlands.
- Vers Awards, 6-8 August 2021, LAB111, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Manlleu Film Festival, international competition, 6-11 July 2021, Spain
- Reykjavik International Film Festival 2021, Dutch Focus Program, 30 September – 10 October 2021, Iceland.
- Leiden Shorts 2021, diaspora program, 2-5 September 2021, The Netherlands